Saturday, May 12, 2012

Blogging - an idea discovered and evolving


I never had any idea about what blogs are till the day my friend told me about it and encouraged me to start a blog and write something to spend my spare time. Then I had a thought about it and I was so confident “yeah dude I can also write.”

Then the other day at 2.30 am I was tired of turning on my bed because of my insomniac habit, I decided to start my laptop and open a blog, but then I realized I have no idea what I will write on it so it was difficult to choose a name for it which will match its content. I thought about it till I was not bored of thinking while I searched some blogs with dear Google, who knows everything and I found some very good blogs which had awesome contents and I thought “am I again going to do something just to make myself feel like a fool in the end?”

My lazy brain’s lazy horses were running for almost 30 minutes and gave me this idea to name it “The Virtual Life” after all its virtual thing I will be writing about my real life on this virtual world and I thought “hmm.. not a bad idea.” And finally I created it with this name but after sometime the lazy horses again started walking with more slower speed and said “it could have been more better” and I shouted back “just shut up you idiot don’t waste your already finished energy and my precious time.”

So that’s how this blog got its name and our generous friend Google even offered me to “Let search engines find your blog?” and I said “Yeah, why not you are the one and only friend of mine.” I know no body is interested in knowing how I started blogging, why I started or how my blog got it's name? But still I am posting about it because I have nothing else to blog about so if you are feeling that you are wasting your time reading this, then I would say you are right and you can stop here and continue your important work (which you do not have I know that is why you are still reading :D).

Image Source: www.antisocialmedia.com

Then after gathering all the courage I posted few posts on it and I realized I am the only one visiting my blog and reading it. I got bored of it and thought “if I am the only one to read it then what is the need of writing and wasting my time (I am the busiest person on earth even Mr. Obama cannot beat me in this) in posting it on this stupid blog I already know everything.”

And for almost a period of two years I left this blogging thing with only 1-2 posts in 4-5 months and said “it’s not my cup of tea.” But then came my Messiah (and of many of yours too I know), the generous Indiblogger which said to me “We Blog, Therefore We Are” and gave me the honor of adding the badge of IndiWriter to my blog and I starts blushing when I read that word ‘Writer’ on my blog (though deep down in my heart I know it doesn’t make me any writer or anything, it is just for satisfying and sympathizing the poor bloggers like me). And I started posting a bit frequently than before things like poems which seldom rhymes and showcasing my poor photography skills which are clicked sometimes by God grace at the right time with right angle or shot.

But I am happy with this blogging thing now only because of the great IndiBlogger, as now I am not the only one wasting my time in writing these posts and reading it, but there are few others too who visit my blog and sometimes leave some good comments. And I thank all those generous members of IndiBlogger and some others too who visit my blog and waste their time in reading it, sincerely I am grateful to you all keep doing this and I will be thankful always (I know you don’t want me to only thankful and grateful, don’t worry I will also visit your blogs and comment too :D). 

By the way, you can also add your comments below and sometimes I take comments as comments (which literary means criticism) so it is not necessary that you add a compliment I also appreciate critics wholeheartedly. I knew you will read it till the end that is why I continued blabbing now you can post your comment below, its enough for today.


14 comments:

  1. amazing piece of writing .... srsly u cn b a vry good writer mah partner.. <3 <3 .... i vl supprt u fr sure :D ... n u vl nt b d only prsn whu reads ur blog :P ..... bcz m here fr u baby ;) :D ...... newaz keep it up ...n keep writing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to see your comment here on my blog and I am glad that you liked my writing thing also. But I am more amazed to see that you signed in to your blog (assignment wala) just for posting comment here :):)<3

      Yippiee I got a new permanent reader :P:D
      Anyway I am not running the race for becoming a writer, it is just like that:)

      Keep visiting and Keep reading mah partner :):)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  3. I too had a slow start...blogging is a great way to meet interesting people...keep blogging and cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so nice that you have started it again... I started my first blog 3 years back and after being regular for 6 months i left it for 2 years...But the feel of returning back is smthing different, i hav felt that :) jus kip the rhythm going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Sridhar... Good that you also started it again.. your blog is quite good :)

      Delete
  5. A small step, Anjali may be readiness for a giant leap in future:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am also hoping the same Sir.. Thank you for your generous comment :)

      Delete
  6. Anjali, i too share a similar story like yours. I did read myself very much in this post. Indiblogger has been of great help for us.
    You have an amazing style of writing. Never stop. 'yeah dude, you can definitely write, more' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Indiblogger becomes the reason for many to start blogging again with a pace. I am glad that you liked my writing style, its a great compliment for me dude... lolz :D
      Thank you for reading and liking it. :)

      Delete
  7. Most of the times people start blogging and then stop it mid way. The most important thing is enjoying your blogging. Keep it up.

    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes right Sabyasachi, I agree with you. The important thing is keep on blogging without caring if any one is reading or not.

      Welcome to my blogging and thank you for reading it.

      Cheers... :)

      Delete